STEP 1 – Download Software (Use one of the links below for PROD or BETA version).
STEP 2 – Install the software (Instruction below).
STEP 3 – Download, and then Unarchive Catalog file to your Pod (Instructions below).
STEP 4 – Get your SQLConnect Username and Passwords
Download current version – https://drive.google.com/open?id=1RtdH1pUNUU5APR_I8PEEFw_vMDtiWfrw
Online Demo: https://youtu.be/2X-dQdwzzxs
If windows shows “unknown publisher” error, then please click on More Info button and then choose “Run anyway” to install it. Let me know if any other questions/issues.
Catalog File Download and Next Steps:
Once you install the software, You can download the catalog file from here:
- Save the catalog file and then “unarchive” it in BI on oracle environment that you want to connect to.
- When unarchiving the file, please make sure ACL is set to “Preserve”.
- All users with BI Administrator privilege will be able to run SQL queries. You can assign additional permissions if necessary.
If you are not familiar with the Oracle BI navigation, go to main menu (navigator) in Oracle cloud. Select Tools à Reports and Analytics. From the report and analytics homepage, click “Browse Catalog” button.
Alternatively, you can also use the url modification to go to the catalog directly: https://xxxx-test.xx.us6.oraclecloud.com/analytics/saw.dll?catalog
Once you are in the Catalog then follow the below steps –
- Navigate to Custom folder by clicking into Shared Folder –> Custom
- Click on Unarchive button under the Tasks options
- In the Unarchive box that opens up, click on Browse button and select the CloudTools.catalog file.
- Click Ok
- You should be able to see CloudTools folder under custom, and within the folder you should see the SQLConnect data models and other components.
Now go and connect to this environment from SQLConnect app. If you do not have a username, password, you can either purchase a license online or contact us to get a trial version.